Dead ever after review

Spoilers in the post! I am just going to be talking about a few things that happened in the book, not about everything as I could go on forever.




I am a huge True Blood fan, I can't wait until the next series comes out in a few weeks! I also read the books, I had preordered the newest book that has just come out, it came as soon as the book had been released, I had read the book in a day or two.

I have read a lot of reviews after I had read the book as I wanted to see if other people felt the same way that I had done. And some of them did.

I felt like the book didn't end very well. I had been looking forward to the last book in the series for so long! I was so excited to see if Sookie and Eric actually made it through the whole Sookie saving Sam's life instead of getting Eric out of a sticky situation. I was shocked by how it ended with Sookie being with Sam, her best friend and the guy she had told in the first few books that she couldn't see herself being with even though she thought he was hot.

I know that Harris had said that she had ended it how she wanted to and she had known for a while now how it was going to end, which is fair enough. What I don't get is why did she have Eric and Sookie for several books be in a relationship where they loved each other, had been through a lot together to have it all end with Eric not really fighting for Sookie like he had done in the past. It just felt like the Eric character that I had grown to love didn't show up in the book at all. He seemed weaker which I guess is understandable as what was happening to him was out of his hands, but he didn't seem to try to get out of it in anyway. I felt like he just expected Sookie to wave her hands and to get him out of the situation which obviously didn't happen and then to expect her to be his bit on the side just didn't seem right to me. I felt like he had given up to easy which from the other books wasn't the nature of his character. Also with Sookie telling Sam that she wasn't heart broken as to what had happened between Eric and herself, just didn't make sense. Just because of their history, and the fact that Bill had seemed to of hurt her more in the past than Eric in this book, when Sookie and Eric had been together longer, loved each other and from my point of view had more of a connection.

I guess I have always been a huge Sookie and Eric fan and hoped that they would make it through to the end, so the fact that this didn't happen I did feel let down, but you can't please everyone when writing books!

It wasn't just this that I was a bit confused by, the villains in the book were not the best, Amelia's dad and Claude?! Firstly I do not get why Amelia's dad blamed Sookie so much for his relationship with his daughter, that is his own fault. The cluviel dor wasn't even his to use it was Sookie's, I think it was a bit odd that he thought that by using it, it would fix everything instead of trying to build a relationship with Amelia. And his wish to get the cluviel dor, why didn't he just wish to have a better relationship with Amelia instead of thinking that cluviel dor was the answer to his problems. Also how on earth did he manage to get in contact with the devil in the first place?! Maybe I missed this bit out? I did read the book quite fast because I was so excited.

As for Claude, I was not expecting him to turn up again, I am not too sure what to say about him really, I think it was just an odd way of getting back at Sookie. After everything that Sookie has been through with the different sups after her I thought that having a few humans and fae after her wasn't very exciting, not with what has happened with her in the other books.

I thought that Arlene's death was pretty odd as well, I know it was to try to pin it on Sookie, but I just thought it was a bit of an odd thing to happen. I didn't see why Quinn was back in the last book either, was it a way to get Sam jealous so he could realise he still liked Sookie?! I do not know.

I could go on for ages about the book, there is so much more I could say, but there are so many reviews on it already that pretty much say that same things that are going on in my head. I love the books, I just was expecting a more epic ending to the series than what was in the book. I will be getting the one that is coming out in October about what happens next in the world of Sookie Stackhouse, just because I would like to see what happens to the characters.

Overall I was just expecting something more epic and not to confuse me as much as it had done as to what happened to some of the characters. This is just my opinion, not everyone is going to think the same as I do, but I just thought I would share my thoughts with who ever may be reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment