Maybelline baby skin pore eraser first impressions

'BABY SKIN PORE ERASER

  • Bye bye pores!
  • Baby poreless skin comes in one second.'
  • Quote from maybelline website. 

Yesterday I brought the Maybelline baby skin pore eraser primer from Boots at £7.99, I had wanted to try it since I saw it advertised as I have a bit of trouble with my pores on my nose. Everywhere else seems to be easily covered by my foundation however my nose is a problem area. I have tried other primers to see if they can cover my pores but I haven't be able to find one that actually works. 

I tried the primer this morning, it comes in a light blue squeezeable bottle with a nib and the end where the product comes out, the primer is 'clear' and goes onto the skin clear.

I only put a tiny amount onto my nose as I don't need it anywhere else. I was really surprised as it seemed to work straight away my pores seem to blur away. I then put on my normal Revlon foundation with my real techniques brush and my pores seemed to disappear! I couldn't believe it! Goodbye pores!!! I plan to leave it on for the rest of the day and see if it is still the same at the end of the night. 




Lighting was weird for the first photo, without makeup on, pores are visible






Primer with foundation on top, normally pores are still visible. 


The only thing that I don't really like about the product is the packaging graphics, I do think it looks quite tacky aimed at teenagers rather than adults. Which if that is the market they were aiming for then I would say it does work but for me it just doesn't seem very grown up. It is the same type of packaging graphics for the Baby Lips lips balm which I have in pink punch. I think the graphics are very 'youthful' and not aimed at older women from 18 onwards. I prefer simple graphics on the products I buy, not too in your face and bold like the ones maybelline have on the Baby Lips and Skin items. 


End of the day: 


It is about 10pm and I have worn the makeup for about 12 hours. The pores are still blurred but my nose is slightly shiny. I forgot to take photos of this as I have just took my makeup off. Overall I am very impressed with the product as it seems to do exactly what it says on the bottle! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment